Thursday, June 27, 2013

Guest designer Karen Burniston using Far and Away

Hello Crafters!

What a thrill to be a guest designer on the Teresa Collins Designs blog. I'm Karen Burniston and I've got a passion for pop-ups! My Pop 'n Cuts dies for Sizzix make it easy for anyone to create quick and dynamic pop-up cards, but first you're going to need some really stunning paper.

For this card, I used the Far & Away 6x6 Paper Pad. I use a lot of patterned papers with my pop-up dies because I find that the pattern can quickly fill the background space, providing some extra visual interest in a flash. What I specifically love about Teresa Collins Designs papers is how seamlessly they can be combined. For example, on this pop-up card, featuring my new Suitcase dies from Sizzix, I combined two different Far & Away papers for the card's interior, and two different Far & Away papers for the card's front. And yet everything blends so well!



You can learn how I created the faux suede texture for my pop-up suitcase by watching this quick video tutorial:


A little more about Karen:
Karen Burniston loves magic. She creates pop-ups and interactive paper projects so she can say “for my next card trick . . .”. She is a licensed designer for Sizzix, where many of her designs have been turned into easy-to-use dies, allowing anyone to create exciting pop-ups! Karen created the popular “Pop ‘n Cuts” line
of magnetic dies for Sizzix and also designs interactive chipboard albums for Echo Park. She lives in Katy, Texas with her husband, twin teenagers, and two dogs. She adores the movie “The Princess Bride”. Her work has been published in numerous paper crafting publications and she teaches at stores and events throughout the world. Learn more about Karen and her work by visiting her blog: www.karenburniston.typepad.com or subscribing to her YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/karenburniston1


Thank you so much Karen!! What a great project!!



2 comments:

  1. Really fabulous! This is such a fun pop-up! I love all the detail! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...